This policy sets out the basis on which personal information about you may be collected and used, when you use (whether to just browse or to subscribe) any of the Brook Hall Country Hotel’s websites and on your mobile with us on any of Brook Hall Country Hotel’s official Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Youtube accounts (“Social Media”). By using the Sites, subscribing to Brook Hall Country Hotel or interacting with us on Social Media you are accepting and consenting to the terms of this policy.
Brook Hall Country Hotel are the owners and operators of the Sites and the relevant accounts on the Social Media.
We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 1st May 2018.
Information we collect about you
During your use of the Sites (including browsing), your registration, your interaction on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
- When signing up to our newsletter we ask for your name and email address, in order to contact you about interesting deals, news and events, as promotion of our services.
- You may also give us information about you when making a booking, making an enquiry or requesting information about our services and filling in forms on the Site or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as a contact number, email address and identifying information regarding your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences.
- You must ensure in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no one else (for example you must only provide an email address that is only accessible by you and not any other person. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address). You must also ensure that the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information you provide is personal to you and is accurate and up to date, and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
Information we collect about you.
When you use the Sites and the Social Media we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile phone to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including without limitation to the number of visits, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
Users may visit our Site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities. In accordance with Article 6 of the GDPR we process your personal data, in order to provide you the services of Brook Hall Country Hotel, by entering our site and knowingly submitting your personal data you are therefore providing consent.
Web browser cookies
Use made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, for example to carry out any reservations/bookings you have made with us, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that we believe will be of interest to you.
- To interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by email. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by emailing email@example.com, or writing to Grosvenor Pulford Hotel, Wrexham Road, Pulford, Chester Ch4 9DG.
- To notify you about changes to the Sites terms and conditions and our service;
Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
- To administer and operate the Site and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve the Site to ensure that content and the Stores are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site and Stores safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Storing your personal details
Brook Hall Country Hotel have taken all necessary precautions to protect your data, through methods of data encryption and implementing where appropriate additional security measures. Our systems ensure the ‘confidentiality, integrity and availability’ of your personal data.
Sharing your personal information
We do not sell, trade, or rent Users personal identification information to others.
We may share your personally identifiable information with service providers where necessary including:
- Payment processors for secure credit card payment transaction.
- Hosting services.
- Email service providers to send you emails pertaining to your booking. Such providers may send emails of a marketing nature if you have agreed to receive such newsletters and will track some performance indicators, such as open and click rates.
- Advertising partners who may use email address, cookies and other tracking technologies, such as pixels and web beacons, to gather information about your activities on our website and other sites to provide you with targeted advertising based on your browsing activities and interests.
- Our business partners, suppliers, and sub-contractors, for the performance of any contract we enter into with them. We may also share your data with analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement of our website.
- Legal authorities when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorised or required to do so or when necessary to do so to protect the rights and safety of Brook Hall Country Hotel, employees and users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our services.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, or in any other situation where personally identifiable information may be disclosed or transferred as one of the business assets Brook Hall Country Hotel.
- Information that is aggregated or anonymised that does not directly identify you.
By interacting with us on the Social Media (including without limitation joining our official group/page or following us on the Social Media, “liking”, “retweeting”, writing a comment in relation to a page on the Social Media) (“Interacting” or “Interaction” (as applicable)) you are consenting to our interaction with you on the Social Media and the processing of your information accessed on the Social Media. The information about you that may be collected when you Interact with us on the Social Media may include without limitation your name, your user profile, your age, your preferences, choices and viewpoints with regards to the topic or subject matter of the relevant Social Media page, your photos and other images and your videos.
Your Interaction with us on the Social Media may also involve you submitting a photo or video of you (“Your Image”). By Interacting with us on the Social Media you consent to us using Your Image for the purposes described when Your Image was requested or as described on the relevant Social Media page.
Please let us know if at any time you wish us to stop interacting with you on the Social Media or using any of your information on the Social Media by contacting us at the details set out below.
By Interacting with us (whether on the Sites, Social Media or otherwise) you consent and grant to Brook Hall Country Hotel a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to use Your Image and Contributions for the purposes of promoting, advertising and endorsing Brook Hall Country Hotel’s goods and services, including without limitation for the purposes of your participation in any promotional activity for the same, and in any media including without limitation television, Social Media, on our Sites, in print and outdoor advertising materials. We may want to use Your Image and Contributions for additional purposes which will be detailed when we collect Your Image and/or in any promotional terms and conditions which will be featured on our Promotions Terms page.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the DPA. Any access request can take up to 10 days to be acknowledged.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
To exercise your rights above please contact us at; firstname.lastname@example.org or Grosvenor Pulford Hotel, Wrexham Road, Pulford, Chester Ch4 9DG. Finally, you can manage your contact preferences at any time emailing our marketing team and they can be reached using email email@example.com
If you think the information we hold about you is incorrect please contact us on the above address.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.